- Location: Bradenton
- Type: Full time
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Academy is seeking a high energy, compassionate candidate who thrives on teamwork and service to lead our latest endeavor, the Academy at Bradenton in Manatee County, Florida. Our newly remodeled 7,500 sq. ft., state-of-the-art facility will open in September 2023, and offer skill training, socialization, community supports and job placement opportunities to adults recovering from mental illness, in accordance with Clubhouse International Standards.
All Academy positions are hands-on, direct service roles that support the rehabilitation process. This includes training and coaching duties both on-site as well as at community-based employment settings. Experience working with persons with mental illness or other disabilities is preferred, although not required. Hands-on training is provided to all new hires.
The primary duties of Program Director include:
- Role model professional workplace behaviors, attitudes and relationships.
- Implement and promote Clubhouse International philosophy and standards.
- Ensure integrity of work-ordered day, vocational training areas, employment programs and social activities.
- Supervise Academy staff.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners, Academy families, funders and stakeholders.
- Oversee data input, program outcomes, and accuracy of required reports. (note: the Academy does not bill Medicaid or other third party insurance)
- Participate in donor cultivation and fundraising activities.
Overview of Requirements
- A passion for service and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years human services experience. Prior employment at an accredited Clubhouse program preferred, although not required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred, although not required.
- Be a non-smoker both on and off site.
- Willingness to submit to alcohol and drug screen upon hiring, and random drug testing while employed.
- Subject to State of Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and local law enforcement checks.
- Subject to a DMV records check and approval by Academy at Glengary, Inc., automobile insurance carrier.
Please note: This post is a summary of job duties and not a complete job description. For a complete job description, please email your request.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Leave policy
- Health Insurance (Florida Blue), fully covered by Academy, no monthly premium for employee.
- Vision and Dental, optional
- Disability and Life insurance provided, paid by the Academy
- Company mobile phone provided
- 401K plan with employer match
Complete the form below and attach your resume. Your information will be sent over an encrypted connection.
You may also send a printed resume to the address below:
William McKeever, Director
Academy at Glengary
1819 Glengary Street
Sarasota, FL 34231
Phone inquiries are welcome at: (941) 921-9936
Academy at Glengary, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Academy at Glengary, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Stop by and see what we're all about
We welcome you to come take a tour of the Academy. See the teams in action and enjoy a healthy lunch prepared onsite. To better accommodate you, appointments are preferred.Schedule a tour Contact us