Governmental Partners

The Academy is a public-private partnership. Meet our state and county partners.

Public funding provides a vital piece of our financial sustainability.

The Academy was founded in 2017 as one of the first public-private partnerships in mental health on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Every year, approximately 45% of the Academy’s budget is covered by public funds allocated by Florida’s Department of Children and Families (note: the Academy raises the remaining 55% of its budget from the private sector, through fundraising campaigns, foundation support, and corporate donors.)

Funding sources

Loading canvas...

We are very grateful for the ongoing support provided to us by Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, our Florida Managing Entity that disburses substance abuse and mental health funding in our region.

Beginning in fiscal year 2022-23, the Academy has begun receiving additional mental health public funding from Sarasota and Manatee Counties.

The Creation of our Public-Private Partnership

Academy Director, William McKeever, is joined by in the studio by Larry Allen, former Chief Operating Officer of Central Florida Behavioral Health Network. (17 minutes)

CFBHN
Florida Department of Children and Families
Manatee County Government
Sarasota County Government

Support our mission

Become part of the solution

Our mission would not be possible without generous donations from our community. Your gift will directly support the recovery process of Academy members.

Donate Now Ways to Give
Support our mission

Sarasota Campus

1910 Glengary St.
Sarasota, FL 34231
(941) 921-9930

Bradenton Campus

601 12th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34205
(941) 921-9930

The journey to recovery starts here.

Keep updated

Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on the latest Academy news

The Academy at Glengary, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The Academy at Glengary is registered with the state of Florida (CH56160). A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services at www.fdacs.gov/ConsumerServices or by calling toll-free 800-435-7352 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.

© 2023 · v0.9.4 · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use · Login